Director of Youth Arts Alive
Gale McNeeley is a graduate of the Neighborhood Playhouse, the Dell’Arte International School of Physical Theatre and Scuola Internazionale Dell’Attore Comico.
In 59 years of performing, Mr. McNeeley has appeared on Broadway, TV and Film, in Circus, Street Theatre and Cabaret. He currently tours the globe with his one-man show, “Archy and Mehitabel.”
Gale has taught Commedia dell’ Arte and Theartre Clown in America and Europe for 40 years. He is a poet and creator of Political Satires. His work appears on You Tube and on his site: galemcneeley.com
Yoga Teacher | Dance Instructor
She moved to the Central Coast about 10 years ago and started teaching ballroom and Latin dance, hula, yoga, and fitness classes. She has formed a hula dance group and choreographs dances to perform at luaus (parties) and at various events and locations.
Marilyn has also worked with children for 20 years teaching dance, fitness, art, and study skills. She complimented her dance career by practicing and teaching yoga for children and adults to keep them healthy, flexible, coordinated, strong, and balanced.
- CALSTATE Teach Los Angeles. Working on obtaining Teaching Credential. Attended 2 semesters and took time off to study for CSET.
- BS in Recreational Leadership – P.E, University of Hawaii
- AS in Liberal Studies, Univ. of Hawaii – Maui Com. College extension
- AS in Accounting, Univ. of Hawaii – Maui Com. College extension
- PIYO LIVE Certification
- SLO 200 Hours / Teacher’s training. YOGA ALLIANCE ID# 194769
- Certificate in Zumba for Kids ZIN# 457792
- Certificate in Zumba ZIN# 457792
- Certificate in Yoga for Kids, Santa Barbara Yoga Studio
- Certificate in Sports Yoga, (NESTA) National Endurance & Sports Trainers Association.
- Certificate in Fitness & Nutrition, Professional Career Development Institute
- Certificate in Spanish, University of Hawaii
- Certificate in Massage Therapy, American Institute of Massage Therapy
Sean Sullivan | Drumming Teacher
As a professional musician and educator specializing in drums and percussion, Sean Sullivan enjoys sharing his passion for music and teamwork in the schools, as well as regularly performing live and in the studio with various local organizations including, San Luis Obispo Symphony, Ricky Montijo, Brass Mash, PCPA Musical Theater.
- Sean began playing drums at the age of 7 and knew then that his dream would be to travel the world and share his passion for music with others.
- His professional career began in 2004, working as a performing drummer in multiple bands, teaching private drum lessons, instructing marching band percussion, offering clinics and workshops in schools, youth correctional facilities and more.
- In 2006 Sean was offered an opportunity to fulfill his dream of traveling the world as a performing musician and spent the next 7 years as the show band drummer/band leader with Princess Cruises, visiting many countries in Europe, Scandinavia, Austral-Asia, North and South America, Africa, Caribean, and Pacific Islands. Now Sean focuses on helping the youth of our community experience the JOY of TEAMWORK through DRUMMING as the founder of Drum&Perk.
Computer Geek | Dance Instructor
Ricardo has been in Cal Poly since August 2001. He has a diverse background in Information technology and worked for 25+ years with expertise in Networking, Web Development, and Software deployment. Besides working in Technology, he spends his time coaching soccer and teaching computer classes in the City of Santa Maria. He also teaches dance and yoga classes in the Santa Maria area for the well-being of the community.
Ricardo earned his bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Hawaii Pacific University in 1997.
- Ricardo enjoys teaching new and intermediate students the solid basics, thereby enhancing their current knowledge and deepening their dancing experience. He helps students develop the ability to dance comfortably on various counts while listening to the music, understanding the rhythm, and keeping time which improves their ability to partners dance with confidence, sensuality and "old school" elegance.
- Ricardo teaches Cha-Cha, Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, Tango and other Smooth dances.
- Ricardo is dependable, a team player and a quick learner. He works well with other staff and adapts very quickly to new system and processes. He has been in Information Technology for over 25 years working with Windows, MACs, and Linux. He has different types of responsibilities such as Network Administrator, Tech Support, Web Development, Database Admin, Network Analyst and Information Technology Consultant.
- He is currently working in Cal Poly for over 16 years and currently working for the University Marketing providing support to Cal Poly main website and the marketing websites, their pc/macs and devices and Linux servers.