Instructor's Information Page 2
Sean @Drum&Perk | Drum Teacher
As a professional musician and educator specializing in drums and percussion, Sean Sullivan enjoys sharing his passion for music and teamwork in the schools, as well as regularly performing live and in the studio with various local organizations including, San Luis Obispo Symphony, Ricky Montijo, Brass Mash, PCPA Musical Theater.
- Sean began playing drums at the age of 7 and knew then that his dream would be to travel the world and share his passion for music with others.
- His professional career began in 2004, working as a performing drummer in multiple bands, teaching private drum lessons, instructing marching band percussion, offering clinics and workshops in schools, youth correctional facilities and more.
- In 2006 Sean was offered an opportunity to fulfill his dream of traveling the world as a performing musician and spent the next 7 years as the show band drummer/band leader with Princess Cruises, visiting many countries in Europe, Scandinavia, Austral-Asia, North and South America, Africa, Caribean, and Pacific Islands. Now Sean focuses on helping the youth of our community experience the JOY of TEAMWORK through DRUMMING as the founder of Drum&Perk.
Laura-Susan | Visual Teacher
After earning my BFA in Fine Arts, I spent many wonderful years creating art as a Disney Imagineer. I am currently having a blast creating worlds, painting and drawing for the children's books, raising two teenagers, two crazy dogs and hanging out with my husband on the Central Coast of California.
- Created art as a former Disney Imagineer
- I am also a member of the SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators)
- Involved with OCAF a local Arts organization promoting and supporting arts in the schools.
More about me at https://laurasusanthomasillustrator.carbonmade.com
Ruben Espinoza | Visual Teacher
I am an Illustrator and Designer with over 6 years of design experience in the illustration and animation industry. Some of my work includes prop design for Nickelodeon’s shorts programs, prop and set design for Dreamworks Puss In Boots and layout design and color for Warner Bros.
I have a diverse set of skills, some of which include creating design solutions that are unique to each project. I enjoy collaborating and I'm a strong believer that any successful partnership is built on the foundation of good communication.
Thank you for visiting and your consideration.
Jean Quintana | Visual Teacher
- Beginning Acrylics - (including composition and structure)
- Monday, July 10 and Friday, July 14, 2017 - 2:30pm - 4:00pm
- The class will be taught Demonstration Style and each student will complete an original work of art utilizing different brush techniques as well as pallet knife.